Body Corporate Issues
Particularly in the Gold Coast/Tweed region, unit development has been and continues to be increasingly popular. However, an increase in this type of development has also caused an increase in body corporate issues, concerns and disputes.
Being involved in a body corporate is sometimes a complex task involving a wide range of legal issues. It is important that you know and understand your rights and obligations if you are involved in a strata scheme.
Common body corporate issues encountered include matters pertaining to:
- Exclusive use areas;
- Usage of common property;
- Contribution and interest entitlements and requirements linked thereto;
- Repairs and maintenance;
- Disputes with neighbours, other owners or the body corporate committee;
- Insurance and liability;
- Body corporate managers;
- Body corporate meetings.
How We Can Help
We can help by:
- Informing you of your rights and obligations under a strata scheme;
- Undertaking any necessary searches or enquiries as to the strata scheme, including body corporate records inspections;
- Assisting with disputes or problems in the strata scheme;
- Assist with other body corporate and strata related issues.
For further information please contact: