Buying or Selling a Commercial Property
Some legal firms or organisations attempt to downplay the importance of conveyancing. The purchasing or selling of commercial property is a major transaction. The engagement of a professional Solicitor to oversee and handle such a transaction makes commercial sense given the cost if such a transaction goes wrong.
We take commercial conveyancing seriously as we understand:
- That as with any transaction there is some degree of commercial risk associated with a conveyance;
- What is often at stake financially.
For these reasons we ensure that each conveyancing matter is handled by a Solicitor.
Perhaps more so than residential conveyancing, commercial conveyancing involves many traps and pitfalls. Things to be particularly careful of when it comes to buying or selling a commercial property include:
- The taxation implications of the transaction, such as GST, capital gains tax, stamp duty and the like;
- Considering zoning or otherwise knowing and understanding the restrictions imposed on usage of the property;
- Dealing with any leases associated with the property;
- When purchasing, choosing an entity and structure to purchase that will best suit your needs.
It is a common myth that conveyancing is a simple mechanical process. This is not true. While some aspects are straight forward, there are many aspects to a contact that require deep understanding and experience.
It is important that you not only seek legal advice before you enter into any contract (whenever possible) but also ensure that you engage competent and knowledgeable personnel to handle your conveyance.
How We Can Help
Woodward Lawyers has a strong reputation for being knowledgeable, thorough and precise. We take a hands on approach in managing your conveyance whilst keeping you informed and up to date of the progress of your matter. Our professional fees for a conveyance are performed at a fixed rate. Please contact us for details as to our fees.
For further information please contact: